Sunday, March 7, 2010

SIX WEEKS AND COUNTING

I was reminded at mass on Sunday morning by one of the Blog followers that I had not posted anything this past week. To be honest, since we are getting toward the end of construction, I was going to take a week off. However, since I was asked, I decided to give another update.

This week, the outside began to take shape as most of the sidewalks were completed and all but one small section of curb and gutter for the parking lot was completed. If all goes well this week, the final grading for the parking lot will be completed as will the rest of the sidewalks. Another question I’m been hearing is about the opening on the Elm Street side of the church. This has stayed in its current form because its been providing access for materials and equipment. Now that all the major lifting has been complete, this section can be closed in and brick laid.


In the last posting you saw a video of the marble ambo and altar. The last two photographs show how the sanctuary and Baptismal font looked at the end of this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment